Although the SCTE was formed in the United Kingdom to meet the needs of the British cable telecommunication industry we are now a world-wide organisation and have many members outside of the UK including a Benelux SCTE group. Applications from people outside the UK are, therefore, very welcome.
Membership of the Society, in whatever grade, brings with it the following benefits:
- A quarterly magazine, Broadband Journal, in which contributions of high quality and current technical issues are discussed. Members also receive a member handbook and directory.
- Lecture meetings are held all over the world in cities such as London, Amsterdam and Tirana.
- Regular e-blasts on industry/member news, the latest technological developments and event launches.
- Technician Training Programme via a Structured Distance Learning Programme.
- Most importantly, the Society provides a forum for the exchange of ideas, discussion of relevant 'hot topics', forging of links between members and between corporate member companies, and the acquisition of useful contacts in the Cable Telecommunications industry.
- The SCTE offers its members several discounted offers on a regular basis, ranging from 20-30% attendance discounts at international broadband conferences and events around the world to special PR packages and discounted market intelligence reports. These special offers are e-blasted to all SCTE members regularly, with weblinks to enable them to take advantage of the latest offers from SCTE's global partners.
For the full list of SCTE member benefits, please click here’ and link this to the Member Benefits page at http://www.thescte.eu/index.php/join/benefits-of-membership.
Grades of Membership
The membership of the Society is composed of the following categories:
- Student Members
- Associate Members
- Corporate Members
- Honorary Fellows
Honorary Fellows and Affiliates are invited to membership by the Executive Committee. Fellows are not directly elected to membership but must transfer from being a Member. Details on Fellowship are, therefore, in the Members Area.
You can also download membership forms in PDF format here.
Please select an option to view requirements: